Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Booking
Section 1 – Payment and Fees
- Upon receipt of your booking form, your place will be confirmed and a reference number will be generated by the online registration system and shown on screen. Your reference number and booking details will be issued to the email address provided within your booking form.
- Once your booking form has been received, the Student Loans Company (“SLC”) will issue you with an invoice for the total fees payable. Your payment is due within 30 days of the invoice date, or as otherwise stated on the invoice payment terms. Payment must be made before the date of the event you are attending.
- SLC reserve the right to cancel your booking if your payment is not received within the time period stated on your invoice.
- Payment can be made via bacs transfer, credit card or cheque.
- Credit card payments will incur a 1.5% service charge.
Section 2- Cancellation and Refunds Policy
2.1 Should you wish to cancel your place, you must notify SLC in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.2 Cancellation charges are set out below:
Notice received prior to event start date:
% of booking value payable:
50% of invoice total
100% of invoice total
2.3 If you fail to attend an event and do not give us written notification before the event, the full invoice total is payable.
Section 3 – Substitutions
3.1 Should you wish to substitute the original delegate with another person, such substitution must be notified to SLC in writing to email@example.com no later than 7 days prior to the event start date.
3.2 Substitutions do not incur an additional fee.
3.3 Our substitution policy is set out below:
Notice received prior to event start date:
7 or more days
Substitution possible at no additional fee
Substitutions not available
Section 4 – Force Majeure
4.1 If an event cannot be held due to circumstances beyond the control of SLC (including fire, explosion, act of terrorism or any other act or event beyond our control) SLC will refund all fees paid but will not be liable for any losses whether indirect or direct endured by delegates as a result of the cancellation of the event.
Section 5 – Filming and Photography
5.1 There may be flash photography and filming during an event.
5.2 SLC may employ photographers to take images of delegates at any SLC event. Any photographs and/or film footage may be edited and used on the SLC websites or communication/promotional materials and you consent to such use.
Section 6 – Other terms
6.1 All event bookings must be made via the online booking system. Bookings may not be received in writing, by email, fax, or telephone.
6.2 SLC accepts no responsibility or liability for the loss of or damage to personal effects belonging to the event delegate.
6.2 SLC reserves the right to cancel an event at its discretion. In such circumstances, SLC shall refund any event fees already paid by the delegate/organisation.
7.1 SLC is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and is committed to respecting your privacy. Appropriate protection and management of any personally identifiable information you share with us will be applied. The level of protection will be based on an assessment of the harm that is likely to be caused by the loss or unauthorised disclosure of the personal information you give SLC.
7.2 The information you provide will be processed by SLC in accordance with the Act.
7.3 This website does not store any information in cookies that would, on its own, allow us to identify individual users of this service without their permission. The cookie used by this website is used solely on a per session basis to denote whether a user is logged in or not. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. Cookies are not shared with any third parties.
7.4 The events-slc.co.uk website and its database are held on a server provided by UKFast Limited at their data centre in Manchester, Lancashire. SLC take a number of measures to secure the personal data held on this server, including, but not restricted to:
1. ensuring that the operating software on the server is patched up to date.
2. ensuring that the Content Management System in use (Concrete5) is patched up to date.
3. restricting access to any administrative software using firewall rules.
7.5 SLC will process, use and disclose information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us in the following ways to:
- help provide event services to you
- ensure that content of SLC’s site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- provide you with information on our events and/or services that you request from us or which we feel may be of interest to you
- notify you about changes to our events
- monitor the performance of the website.
You agree that SLC can use your personal data for such purposes, unless and until you inform SLC otherwise. SLC will not supply, transmit, sell or otherwise provide your personal data to any third party without your consent under any circumstances, except where required or permitted by law.
7.6 Under the Act, we have a legal obligation to ensure all information held and processed about you complies with the principles of the Act. We need accurate information to achieve this aim, therefore should you discover that SLC is holding personal data which is inaccurate, please notify the events team as soon as possible. SLC will then correct its records, and notify third parties and/or other SLC departments to whom such personal data may have been supplied in accordance with this policy.
7.7 Under the terms of the Act you have the right to obtain a copy of the information we hold about you, upon payment of the appropriate fee. If you wish to obtain a copy, please write to the customer Assistance team at 100 Bothwell Street, Glasgow, G2 7JD enclosing a cheque or postal order for £10 and make your letter “Subject Access Request”.
Section 8 – Applicable Law, Jurisdiction and Prohibited Uses
8.1 You may only use the SLC site for lawful purposes. You may not use the SLC site:
- in any way which breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose, intention or effect
- to knowingly transmit, send or upload any data or material which contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, spyware, adware or any other harmful programmes or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of computer software or hardware.
8.2 Further, you also agree not to:
- reproduce, copy or re- sell any part of our site in contradiction of these terms and conditions
- access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our site, any equipment or network on which our site is stored, any software used in the provision of our site, or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
8.3 These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Scotland and the parties agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.