The Student Loans Company is a UK public sector organisation providing loans, grants, allowances and bursaries to over one million Further Education and Higher Education students annually, across England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. We provide a series of seminar and training events delivered by both face-2-face and virtual engagement, through which we engage and communicate with a wide variety of organisations with a role in Further Education and Higher Education.
This event programme is enhanced year on year, and we have been busy recently planning our response to the Covid-19 situation; we will be launching a series of webinars and virtual service review forums later on in the year to ensure our partners and stakeholders are kept up to date with the latest changes to our services, products and processes. These events provide the Student Loans Company with the opportunity to receive feedback on your experiences of our services. View details of our upcoming events below:
Book your place now!
The Courses Management Service (CMS) webinar programme has been designed to provide HEP CMS users who currently have full CMS access with key information on the AY 2022/23 course submission process for all full-time UG courses, part-time UG courses and postgraduate masters and doctoral courses.
Please note: If you are currently a HEP with restricted access or you have full access but have received an invitation to join the CMS mandatory training taking place later in November and December, you may join this webinar, but you must still attend the mandatory training as per your invitation.
The webinar will aim to achieve the following objectives:
- To support the course collection process by better informing our partners on upcoming policy, process and system changes that will impact course submission for AY 22/23
- To increase HEP awareness of the importance of correct course data and right first-time submission. Including examples of when submission errors can cause issues.
- To share SLC best practice with HEPs and signpost to guidance
- To highlight the importance of managing your course database and your responsibilities
- To ensure compliance with Service Standards and to achieve complete course submission by the deadline dates
- Explore some of the common queries on course submissions that we receive
- Outline our validation process and HEP responsibilities
Specifically, the webinars will provide guidance to HEP Courses Management System (CMS) users on the AY 2022/23 course submission process for all full-time UG courses. Key messages / reminders will also be included for part-time and PG course submission. The webinar will include how to enter course information right first time and the impact of course changes after service launch, focussing on the correct application of flags, terms dates including freshers’ week, domicile considerations, fee entry common queries and errors and our approach to validation of course entry.
At the end of the webinar there will be an opporttunity for you to ask questions to a ‘live’ panel. The duration of the webinar is expected to last one hour.
Dates & Times
|Morning Session||Afternoon Session|
|02 November 2021||10:30||14:30|
|09 November 2021||10:30||14:30|
Registration to participate in the Courses Management Service Webinar Programme is free of charge.
How to Register
Please use the link below to register